20210214 ARA 125 Court Street Notes
- Concern about over-heating during the summer. How cold does the apartment get? Too hot?
- Neighborhood – do I like it? Is this too commercial a part of BK?
- Neighbours. how are they? “What are you looking for in a neighbor?”
Terms of lease:
- YMCA request for two years
- Lease break penalty – find out and negotiate what this is.
- Willing to move in sooner – end of next week? Comp rent for March – ask about this.
- Rent increase on new leases – terms? Does the 1.5% apply on existing leases or only for renewal?
- Need to provide two years income tax returns since I work for myself. This means I need to finish and file my taxes for the most recent year? Not yet done
- Could provide previous two years. And get statement from accountant for this year.
Old apartment lease situation
- Can I break lease early? Split rent for March?
- How to get refund on deposit?
Moving potential checklist
- Find moving company – dumbo movers?
- Pack up the kitchen and intimates and money myself.
- Leave rest for movers. Careful with framed art work
- Empty and close storage unit. Get rid of things.
- Buy a dining table, chairs, bedframe, chest of drawers. And an area rug.
- Fairy: schedule visits with maya. Travel to midtown. They may move to crown heights possibly, so then they will be close.
- Jess netball: schedule weekly meetings. Invite for dinner when safe.
- Judith: have dates when covid opens up.