20200701 UCSF Marty Diamond
- Discussed conversation with benefactors
- Marty tasks:
- Thought about David Hayes-Batista – it’s been 15 years. Left a message
- Reached out to Nancy Grand – have not heard back (it’s been 6 years). Be patient.
- 1971-1977 diversity initiatives at Johns Hopkins
- Lack of progress
- UC Regents – UC system wide – low % African American and Latinx
- CSU grads may not have been as competitive
- Marty now thinking of a new contact, Clifton Louie, retired from UCSF 10 years ago. PharmD. Associate Dean of Pharmacy, VP of Medical Center in Operations area.
- Marty and Clifton created a curriculum for training pharm leaders at Kaiser
- Add him to advisory board? Big data guy. Wonderful team player.
- Marty has a good friend, retired physician, now in Davis. Knows students who are homeless or food deprived
- Friend in Davis started telemedicine program for the State. Now may be Dean. Marty will track down his name.
- People won’t remember the slides, but they’ll remember the passion, and stories